Christmas every year may be about gifts, food, lights, and enthralling traditions like Secret Santa but this year since everything is a wee bit off track, Santa's little helpers at DJ Lit got to work and after some brainstorming sessions, came up with a sweet little online event - 'You've got mail'.
Since this year has been hard on everyone and has us missing those random interactions with strangers, DJ Lit thought everyone could use a few happy, encouraging, and loving words. The event is simple:
- You register for it by answering a series of interesting questions on a short Google form and fill in your interests. Through this you will also be participating in a lucky draw where a few lucky entries will get the chance to win some exciting goodies!!
- You will then receive an E-mail on the 22nd of December highlighting the guidelines and the interests of the person you're writing to.
- The most interesting step is here! Wake up your inner writer and send your 'stranger' a happy, loving letter and wait to receive a letter from a stranger too!
- A sample letter is up on our Instagram account in case you need a helping hand.
- Every step in this process is anonymous and complete discretion is maintained.
Some important dates you should remember are:
December 25th 2020: The last day to submit your google form and sign up for our lucky draw
December 27th 2020: Deadline to send in the letters
January 1st 2021 at 0000hrs: You'll receive your magical email!
With a lucky draw and season's greetings in tow, there's nothing holding you back. Sign up for the event and let your words flow! Register ASAP using this link.
You don't want to be late for this one, because as the chipmunks from Alvin and the Chipmunks say,
Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast